Monday, December 5, 2011

An Observation made during a sojourn at the exhibition of Mirabile Dictu by Jordi Forniés

I particularly enjoyed 'The Invention that changed the world' and 'Nine monsters that make me laugh' the monster to the right on the middle-row had me amused long before I read the legend, so described. The use of any superlative to attempt description of your unique vision through the auspices of 'painted words' would at best display a literary inadequacy on my part.
Moreover at best it would be deemed an injustice not only to the administrators of such excellence displayed but an insult to the humble author, and to my chagrin an interminable sanction by the gods would then haunt any hope of my continued existence at peace.
Dante's worlds, Beautiful storm, Cordoba and Lovers under the umbrella albeit when asked by Nicola I interpreted the ambiguous shape, to be found hidden in Lovers, as the upright torso of a headless-chicken?
However, quickly moving-on, the whole experience of my visit will stand-out in my mind as forever inspirational particularly in the use of the myriad mixed Medias. Shrill steel, thin-cardboard, a torn page from a cheap-notebook, gold-leaf embossed amongst tortured blood-red hues, the texture of the Suns and hand-rippled canvas surfaced in primordial blue-seas by the skilful artisan. That would suggest at first sight a corporeal fragility of interpretation that belied its underpinned discourse on human strengths and corresponding weaknesses.
My mind now made enduring witness of a rare moment in my time and of your space unveiled by an innate ability made possible, when hand, eye and cerebral intention are co-ordinated thus thoughts made tangible; as only a true artist, can achieve in so-short a human life-span.
As a species we are privileged, to have you walk amongst us, forever young in search of Cordoba and now chronicled in stone by a grateful and international clan of creative endeavours, combined.
Many thanks to Nicola at the gallery for the soulful accompaniment she proffered to your exhibited works and erudite conversation throughout my sojourn whilst visiting the gallery. A+
©Séafra Ó Ceallaigh aka Jeffrey Kelly, Dundalk, Co Louth ROI


No comments:

Post a Comment