Monday, December 5, 2011

Clan Ceallach ~ a prayer to the fallen

Tainted by the seven sorrows of indulgence, yet fortified by the word
You spoke of the farewell that inexorably went unheard.
No regrets now, as I hold you, lifeless in the warmth of my caress.
You turned, as I passed by distracted, intent only upon the task that lay ahead.
Your lips were filled with passion, as you spoke not of regret.
But of love and pain and sacrifice of that journey now begun.
I did not listen to your words nor did I, take notice of your pain.
As I walked so proudly by, my head held high with shame.
Amongst the flowers now you reach out, toward the gentle fall of early morning rain.
To the East, lay the whisperings of the death, that surely now must come.
But you, chose life and journeyed on, far beyond those western isle's.
Forever watchful now, as you wait so patiently to greet the rising Sun.
You walk amongst the chosen few in honour of those days.
Your words subscribed and chronicled, held high in our esteem.
The battle spent but not yet won, in memory of your deeds.
The clan bereft of solitude together we must sing.
Those joyfull hymns of yesterday in praise of mortal sin.
As we observe your sacrifice safe above from, mountain high.
You protect these borders of our world and save the sorrow and the blindness in our eyes.


© Séafra Ó Ceallaigh 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment